Westborough Girls Lacrosse Association
Our season is in the spring, and for girls in grades 1 - 8
- Pre-season indoor practices start in March
- Games generally begin on the 1stor 2ndweekend in April, and run through early June.
- The season is then capped with an optional Jamboree tournament that is usually in the 2ndor 3rdweeken of June.
The Westborough Rec program, while not affiliated with our in-town WGLA, is a great beginning program for players looking to learn the basics. www.westbororec.com
- Grades 1-2
- Practices at Chauncey Fields
Summer Lacrosse Opportunities (Camps, etc.)
Each summer there are a variety of lacrosse camps available. While these camps are not affiliated with our program, a non-exhaustive list of options includes the following, which can be individually researched online at your discretion.
- Nike Lacrosse camp at Framingham State University
- Grafton lacrosse camp run by the high school coaches
- Hopkinton lacrosse camp run by the high school coaches
Fall/Winter Skills Clinics
- Each fall/winter Xcel lacrosse holds clinics at Teamworks in Northborough. www.xcellax.com
- “Learn 2 Lax” is designed for new players, and generally has sessions in November and December
- “Learn to Play” is designed as a follow-up to the “Learn 2 Lax” program, with a session in November
- “Gear Up” is designed for intermediate skill players, with sessions in November and December
For players interested in playing club lacrosse in addition to our in-town program, there are a variety of good options. These programs are not affiliated with WGLA, so the non-exhaustive information below is just as an FYI. There are additional club opportunities available--we've tried to list the ones that are closest!
- Cmass: www.cmasslacrosse.net
- Grades 4-high school
- Indoor practices at Hit Quarters in Shrewsbury, and outdoor practices at Fay School in Southborough
- Separate fees for practices, uniform and tournaments
- Gold Star: www.goldstarlax.com
- Grades 3-11
- Outdoor practices at Medway High School
- Indoor practices at John Smith Sports in Milford
- Laxachusetts: www.central.laxachusetts.com
- Grades 3-8
- Indoor practices at ForeKicks in Marlborough
- Outdoor practices at 9/11 field in Southborough
NEW PROGRAM: K-3 Laxachusetts Girls FUTURES program
- Jan/Feb 2020 Marlboro Forekicks
- contact Asimone@laxachusetts.com
WGLA is not affiliated programs other than our own. This information is included only in an effort to help you identify additional lacrosse opportunities that are available in the area.